Your questions - Our answers

What are the minimum standards for immigrating to Canada?

Standards vary according to the program. Generally, economic immigration programs favour criteria such as age, level of education and work experience.

Family reunification programs such as family sponsorships operate differently and focus on your link with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

In most cases, you will need to meet a financial threshold in order to qualify.

Please contact us for more information.

What immigration program suits my needs the best?

This largely depends on your particular circumstances. Various factors such as your age, work experience, level of education, area of expertise and as well as spoken languages will determine what program or programs best suit your needs.

Please contact us for more information.

How long does it take to process an immigration file?

Processing time depends on the program. Some applications can be processed in a matter of weeks, whereas some other applications can take months to be processed.

Processing times vary, depending on the popularity of any given program at a given time.

Contact us and we will tell you how long you can expect to wait when applying on a particular immigration program.

How much immigration fees does the government charge?

It depends on the type of application. Some application cost less than $100, whereas some other applications are more expensive.

If you’re concerned about the costs associated with immigration applications, please contact us.

How much do you charge for your services?

We are proud to offer extremely competitive rates. Moreover, we are very flexible in terms of payment schedules and can offer payment plans that factor in your particular circumstances.

If you would like to obtain a quote pertaining to your immigration file, please contact us.

Why should you do business with a Registered Consultant in Immigration and Citizenship (RCIC)?

Immigration applications are important legal proceedings. Mistakes and omissions can cause increased waiting time and additional costs. They can lead to your application being denied. In the worst case scenario, such mistakes can lead you to being barred from Canada and may lead to criminal charges.

By doing business with an RCIC, you give yourself every chance to avoid costly mistakes and increase your chances of successfully immigrating to Canada. Moreover, RCICs are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and have insurance in case something goes wrong.

What does COVID-19 mean for my immigration file?

The current pandemic causes problems in various fields of activity, including immigration.

At this time, the Government of Canada still processes most types of immigrations files. However, processing time has increased significantly due to reduced capacity.

Additionally, Canada’s borders are not currently opened to tourists.

Do I need to speak French to immigrate to Canada?

While Canada has two official languages, English and French, it is generally not necessary to speak French to successfully immigrate to Canada, unless you specifically want to immigrate to the province of Quebec.

This being said, speaking both English and French could give you an advantage over other candidates, seeing as there are points to be received for being fluent in both official languages.

I am a Canadian employer. One of our employees on a work permit is leaving us before the end of his work permit. Do I have any obligation in this situation?

Yes. As an employer, you have the responsibility to inform the Immigration Ministry of Canada (and Quebec, if you are located in that province). Failing to inform the authorities in this situation could result in various consequences. Please contact us for more information.

I am a Canadian employer. Our employee’s work permit is coming to term and we are afraid that he won’t be able to work for us anymore. What can I do?

According to your employee’s personal situation, different options are available, such as a work permit extension, a restoration of status, a change to the conditions of the work permit or even a new application under a different immigration program.

Please contact us, and we will counsel you based on your particular circumstances.

As an employer, what are the consequences of failing an Immigration Ministry inspection?

The Immigration Ministry randomly carries out inspections with employers that hire temporary workers. If you are inspected, you must demonstrate that you meet your legal obligations under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act by providing them with supporting documents.

Failure to produce the necessary evidence can lead to severe consequences, such as hefty fines as well as a prohibition on hiring foreign workers for a period of five years.

In the event where the Immigration Ministry wanted to carry out an inspection in your company, we strongly recommend you contact us so that we can help you prepare adequately.

As an employer, I need to hire foreign workers to grow my business. What do I need to do?

You must meet various regulatory requirements. You will need to to fill the appropriate forms, pay the required government fees and demonstrate that you made sufficient efforts in trying to hire Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

Please contact us if you need help in hiring foreign workers.